Embrace Your Ambiguity, Reinforce Your Character.We believe fashion shouldn’t have divisions. Men should be able to wear feminine elements as women are able to wear masculine elements as they wish while embracing his or her own ambiguity.
The style of unisex fashion has been predominantly masculine, minimal, and more focused on utilitarian aesthetic. Many different styles that are introduced as gender-neutral fashion often fall into the category of alternative menswear, with the exceptions of a few designers’ works. We wish feminine beauty to be equally appreciated as gender-neutral fashion.
Subin Hahn Fluidwear is a fresh take on contemporary fashion that embraces gender fluidity, diversity, and freedom of expression. Inspired by traditional feminine beauty, fairytales, and eclecticism, "Fluidwear" reimagines classic femininity and elegance as empowerment and creates a fantasy that reflects the complexity of the human spirit. Subin Hahn Fluidwear is for individuals who dare to challenge the binary systems of the fashion industry while embracing their own ambiguity in gender expressions.
Subin Hahn is a South Korean-born fashion designer who focuses on gender-fluid fashion. Taken from traditionally feminine elements, his namesake brand "Fluidwear" challenges traditional mens and unisex fashion aesthetics with an emphasis on individuality and fluid expressions of gender across all spectrums of clothing. Subin Hahn created his namesake brand by putting traditional feminine beauty and delicate sensibility at the forefront of empowering all individuals.
Embracing his belief that fashion and art reflect individuals' faiths and spirituality, "Fluidwear" embodies the soul of each individual and the illusion of life that exists beyond physical reality.
Born in Suwon, South Korea, Subin received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Parsons School of Design in New York. Previous experiences include design internships at Zac Posen, Marchesa, Calvin Klein, and Vaquera in New York. In addition, he worked for the shoe design team at Marc Jacobs as an assistant designer for runway and contemporary footwear collections in 2018-2020.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- ADC 101st Annual Award - Merit Award for 'Fashion Design/Design for Good' (2022)
- Muse Design Award - Platinum Winner in the category of 'Fashion Design/Avant-Garde' (2021)
- London International Creative Competition - Official Selection in the category of 'Create/Art' (2021)
- The 14th International Design Awards - Gold Award in the category of 'Avant-Garde/Men' (2021)
- Parsons 2018 Academic Award nomination in 'Social Innovation' (2018)
- Hugo Boss x Parsons 2017-2018 Award winner
- Swarovski x Parsons 2017-2018 sponsorship semi-finalist
- Shoe Polytechnic x Parsons 2017-2018 sponsorship competition winner